Monday, July 6, 2009

When I have searched online job services on the internet, I was a bit confused of what I would choose for my Assignment 3. It was because the online job services I’ve searched are all difficult for me to achieve yet. But still, I have no choice but to choose the common ones for me so that I can relate to whatever online jobs I would choose. And these are the 5 online job services I have chosen:


1. Web Developer

A web developer is responsible for programming the functionality of a web site. So while a requirements analyst is tasked with determining what a web site should do, the web developer figures out how it is going to do it and then writes the necessary programming code. Much of this programming code is behind the scenes and not visible to the user.

However, a web developer may also be responsible for the code that the user sees. This is the HTML/DHTML and Javascript that make up most of the web pages you interact with in your web browser.

2. Database Designer

Working with a system architect and a requirements analyst, the database designer ensures that all necessary data has a place to be stored. At the same time, the speed at which the data can be stored and retrieved are taken in to account so that user's are not left waiting for unreasonable amounts of time.

Sometimes database designers take on database related activities such as arranging for backups, creating ad-hoc reports, and server tuning. However, these other tasks are often part of a Database Administrator's (DBA) job.


3. Web Designer

A web designer is similar to a graphic designer. In fact, many graphic designers are web designers and vice versa. Sometimes the term web designer is used to describe a web developer, but really a web designer focuses on the user interface. They are responsible for layout, color palettes, and sometimes usability. Web designers often develop some programming skills to enable them to include certain features in the interface such as roll-overs or dynamic menus.

4. Graphic Designer

Web-based applications have brought graphic designers closer to software development projects than ever before. Because the buttons, menus, and other screen elements of a web page are not standardized, there is enormous opportunity for a graphic designer to influence how a site will look. This is often tied in to the branding efforts of a web site. As such, the graphic designer is tasked with deciding how best to portray the values of a company through the use of color and layout.



5. System administrator

A system administrator, systems administrator, or sysadmin, is a person employed to maintain and operate a computer system and/or network. System administrators may be members of an information technology department.

The duties of a system administrator are wide-ranging, and vary widely from one organization to another. Sysadmins are usually charged with installing, supporting, and maintaining servers or other computer systems, and planning for and responding to service outages and other problems.


If I would be given the chance to choose one of the best from the 5 online job services stated above, I would prefer to choose number 3 which is a Database Designer because it is somehow related to the job that I dream to have in the future which is a Database Designer. Though I’m not quite creative on arts, I still want to because I have to. There is still time to become creative and I know that I can make it.

http://www.mariosalexandrou.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_administrator


0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates