Tuesday, June 23, 2009

REFLECTIONS/Learnings


Last June 18, 2009, we have met our facilitator in Management Information System for the first time. He is no other than Dr. Randy S. Gamboa. He was my teacher on Analytic Geometry during 1st year 2nd semester and Statistics during 2nd year 1st semester. Even though that I was already under him twice, I am still afraid of him because of the information about him that my brother has shared with me. Our facilitator is very strict on time and on wearing uniform.


Our schedule on MIS starts at 1:00 pm but I was so early that I arrived on school at 12:30 pm. Dr. Gamboa arrived 10 minutes before 1:00 but he did not start the prayer unless the time on his watch would be exactly 1:00pm.

Our meeting started with a prayer that was led by Ms. Capacillo. After that, our facilitator started the entertainment show for the students that he would facilitate for the first time. Some of those students came from the University of Southeastern Philippines Tagum City Campus. The have presented themselves one by one on front and we have enjoyed the talents that they have showed on that moment. I was amazed on those new comers on Obrero Campus because they have showed no signs of shyness.

After those funny moments with the entertainers, our facilitator had started his lessons which I am excited with and afraid at the same time also. He first tackled about the definitions of Management Information System also known as MIS. He had pointed some students to share ideas about MIS to the class. And I was one of those students who he questioned during our discussion. I was afraid that I can’t answer his question but lucky I was on that day that he just gave me a very simple question which is the definition of IT, Information Technology.

He had questioned us if is it correct to say Management Information System rather than Leadership Information System. Nobody could justify his/her answer so he decided to make it as our 1st assignment. He added other assignments such as IT/IS Leadership Roles, Managerial Roles, joining our group on yahoo, signing up on IC forums, and making a blog. Then we’re dismissed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates