Thursday, January 6, 2011

Future Technology - Case Study 3

I have chosen to watch the movies Equilibrium and The Fifth Element and below are the reactions that I have on watching those movies.


Equilibrium

If you would try to watch this movie, I think you would think that this is kinda boring because when I watched it, I feel like I wanted to click stop on the video player and try another movie. But when I started to concentrate on it, I have realized that this movie is worth watching for especially that it talks about how would the future be or how would we live in the near future. I felt very excited during the middle part of the movie since it was when the main actor had stopped taking his Prozium, a liquid drug that could stop feeling emotions, and later felt the feelings a normal human being has. It was so pitiful for those people who were executed just because they have felt emotions. In the movie, the people in place call Libria believes that human emotion is responsible for man's inhumanity to man, and made the new leaders ban all materials deemed likely to stimulate strong emotions, including art, music, and literature. Those materials are rated "EC-10" for "emotional content" and are typically destroyed by immediate incineration. It was very overwhelming to watch the part where the main actor had decided to continue not taking the Prozium and be with those people who are resistant to the policies existing in Libria, which they are called “The Underground” since they were living under the grounds of Libria. Since the main actor is Libria’s highest ranking cleric, it is exected that he is well-trained on a deadly martial art of Gun Kata, an art which teaches users to predict the actions of opponents during firearm combat. And by that, he killed those people behind the Tetragrammaton Council who were governing the city of Libria and all became well.


The Fifth Element

When I started to watch this movie, I remembered that I have already seen this a very long time ago and I think I was not able to understand the details of the movie since I was just a kid on that time. I can say that during the first part of the movie, I already felt excited and interested on watching this since I love watching movies involving the universe, astronomy and the like. The main goal of the main actor and actress in this movie is to save the world. At first, Dallas did not want to believe that his mission is to save the world. When he won a ticket on a contest which has a price of having a vacation on Fhloston Paradise, he never expected that aliens would be there interrupting the show. Speaking of the show, it was the most amazing part for me, a Diva that was singing in a high-pitched tone of voice. Oh, I wish I had that wonderful voice also. So much for that, I felt like I was inlove watching Dallas and Leeloo kissing and embracing each other that made Leeloo realized that the human beings are worth saving for and had released the weapon’s “Divine Light which caused the Great Evil (Black Hole) to stop hitting the Earth and become a new moon in Earth’s orbit. After watching this movie, I remembered how the Earth had been destroyed on the movie entitled “2012”. I think they have similar story also with the movie entitled “Deep Impact”. All in all, this movie is really amazing.


COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS

Both movies are of course categorized as a Science Fiction Movie. Both are also nice and worth watching for. The movie Equilibrium is more engaged to political views since it talks about how society would become in the near future if war would be existing. Meanwhile the movie The Fifth Element talks about saving the world through having the five elements combined to stop the evil going through Earth. Both talked about love. In the movie Equilibrium, the actor and his children realized that it is not right to take the liquid drug and that they have started to stop taking it when the actor’s wife has been executed after being revealed to be a sense offender. And in the movie The Fifth Element, it was saying the word “I need you because I love you”, the embrace and the kiss that made Leeloo strong enough to perform her role as the fifth element that could save the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates